Join our "Dear CEO" Panel Discussion!
CubeMatch UK is organising a face-to-face event in London for C-Suite Professionals to discuss the 2023 “Dear CEO” PRA regulatory priorities for the United Kingdom market. Our Industry experts will discuss and review the key areas of focus and concern, including:
- Risk Management and Governance in particular regard to exposure to single counterparties.
- Operational Risk and Resilience, with a focus on assessing each firm’s progress towards implementing the requirements for Operational Resilience, identification of Important Business Service and, setting and testing impact tolerances for those business services.
- Risk Management with regard to outsourcing arrangements, and in particular management of services outsourced to Cloud providers.
- Credit Risk and firms need for increased operational preparedness for Collections given the impact of increased interest rates, inflation, geo-political uncertainty and continued impact from the global pandemic.
- Model Risk Management and the need for banks to be compliant with the Model Risk Management principles for banks, expected to be published H1 2023, including Internal Ratings Based (IRB) models and the Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB).
- Financial Risks arising from Climate Change where the regulator highlighted a need for more progress.
- The Consumer Duty comes into force in July 2023 for New and Existing products, and July 2024 for closed products and services. Following the FCA review of firms’ implementation plans in October 2022, they identified a number of areas where they felt some firms were falling short in their implementation, we will highlight some of those key findings.
Our expert panel will discuss the regulator’s requirements and expectations and hold an open discussion about best practice methods and the city’s current progress. There will be an opportunity to network with peers at a C-suite level.
- Allan Watton – As the banking and financial industry continues to increasingly rely on third-party services, the need for effective management of these relationships becomes crucial. Allan, CEO of Best Practice Group, is a leading expert in this field. He specialises in developing practical contract structures for complex outsourcing projects involving multi-vendor and multi-source relationships, emphasising the importance of regulatory compliance in high commercial risk projects and large strategic supplier relationships. Furthermore, Allan has a unique advantage as an Expert Witness in the High Court, offering valuable insights on evidence in the event of outsourcing project failures.
- Paul Williams – Consultant and Advisor of Resilience and previously Head of Division at Bank of England with responsibility for specialist supervision of non-Financial risks, including leading the development of the Operational Resilience policy. Paul is an industry-recognised thought leader in the development of operational resilience strategy that ensures alignment and underpins successful implementation.
- Francis Kiwanuka – Francis has over 25 years banking experience and is currently Head of Risk at CubeMatch. Francis is a senior leader and practitioner responsible for Regulatory change management across financial services. As a senior advisor, Francis helps clients anticipate, capture, track, determine impact of regulatory changes, as well as, implementing the business changes to comply. Specific areas of expertise include implementation of Basel standards (FRTB, Internal Risk Models, Counterparty Credit Risk), derivatives, strategic IT architecture and regulatory reporting.
- Mike Hampson – Head of Financial Crime at CubeMatch will be the Panel chair for this event. Mike brings more than 30 years of executive management experience working in senior technology and operations roles within the global retail and investment banking sector. He served as Chief Information Officer, Executive Vice President and Managing Director of operational units within organisations such as Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse First Boston, and ABN AMRO. He currently provides advice to the financial services industry, focused on strategic development and strategic change in Payments, Operations and Technology.
- 8:00AM – Arrival and networking
- 8.30AM – Breakfast and panel discussion
- 9.00AM – Q&A
- 9.30AM – Networking and departure
For more information and to register, please contact email@example.com, limited space available!